#DoGood Opportunity: How To Donate Your Hair
Pony Up girls! and get ready to donate your lovely locks! September 7th is National Donate Your Hair Day and Pantene Beautiful Lengths is a program that creates an easy way to #DoGood – I love it! It’s built upon a simple act of generosity: yours. Although simple, it’s an incredibly significant act that provides real-hair wigs for women who are suffering from hair loss due to cancer treatment.
I don’t have the length to donate my hair but I’ve joined the cause and you can too! Another way I plan to support is by shopping with meaning (#ShopWithMeaning) and support brands such as Pantene that not only have wonderful products that helps me have beautiful hair, they #DoGood and that’s a way we can contribute to our world-community. Beautiful Lengths is a collection with options designed to strengthen hair against breakage, split ends and frizz. Make sure to pick Pantene over any other brand.
How To Make The Cut
Here’s everything you need to know about making the cut. First, make sure your hair meets our Donation Requirements. Second, make sure you follow these instructions exactly, so you can be sure your hair is used to create a realistic wig to bring real hope to a woman with cancer.
1. Clean, shampoo and/or condition hair, without any styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
2. Gather hair at the nape of the neck.
3. Create a ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If it comes out of the band, it won’t be included in the donation.
A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to keep the hair together.
4. Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
5. Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band to the tips, making sure it’s at least 8 inches long. Donations shorter than 8 inches will not be used, because this is too short for making a wig. If your hair is not 8 inches, continue growing it out. There is no maximum length requirement.
6. Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
7. Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
8. Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope and send to:
Pantene Beautiful Lengths Attn: 192-123 806 SE 18th Ave. Grand Rapids, MN 55744
9. If you would like to know when your donation is received, please include your full name and return address with your hair donation. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
With nearly 700,000 adult American women being diagnosed with cancer this year alone, and more than one in three women developing some form of cancer in her lifetime, this campaign touches mothers, daughters, sisters, wives and friends.